- Bergner, Raymond M., and Ana J. Bridges. “The Significance of Heavy Pornography Involvement for Romantic Partners: Research and Clinical Implications.” Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy 28 (2002): 193-206.
- Jensen, Robert. “A Cruel Edge: The Painful Truth About Today’s Pornography-And What Men Can Do About It.” Ms. (Spring 2004): 54-58.
- Manning, Jill C. “The Impact of Internet Pornography on Marriage and the Family: A Review of the Research.” Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity 13, no. 2 (2006):131-165.
- Mitchell, Kimberly J., et. al. “The Exposure of Youth to Unwanted Sexual Material on the Internet: A National Survey of Risk, Impact, and Prevention,” Youth and Society 34, no. 3 (March 2003): 330-358.
Educational Websites and Website Resources
- www.getnetwise.org – A coalition of Internet industry corporations and public interest organizations that provides information on keeping children safe online, and how to block unwanted pornographic email.
- www.nationalcoalition.org Christian organization that provides assistance to protect children and families.
- www.safekids.com Offers tips and guidelines for parents to help their children be safe and responsible in the Internet use.
- www.webwisekids.org Provides parents with tips for protecting their children from the dangers of the Internet, and guides teens in developing an Internet Safety Plan.
- www.smarterparenting.com Provides a free online resource teaching parenting skills to improve family life.
- www.RuthInstitute.org Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse founded the Ruth Institute in the summer of 2008 because she has a passion for helping young people avoid the poisonous personal consequences of the Sexual Revolution. She saw the connection between the crazy behaviors encouraged on campuses, young people’s unwillingness to get married and ultimately, our cultural inability stay married. The Ruth Institute is dedicated to inspiring the Victims of the Sexual Revolution, to become Survivors and ultimately Advocates for Positive Change.
- www.familyforge.org Provides maintenance guides to happiness in marriage and other resources to forge great families.
- www.MiriamGrossmanMD.com A great resource book, “The Black and White Puppy”, providing a story about the biology of love and providing scientific truths about love and family.
- www.strengthenthefamily.net Citizens for Families is a community-wide effort which has the following goals: 1) To create a model city where everything inappropriate for children is out of their sight. 2) To develop a “community standard” that reflects a wholesome environment for children. 3) To strengthen the family and protect our community by educating parents, children, teachers, businessmen, and all members of the community. 4) To invite all organizations to join with us to accomplish our goals.
- www.unitedfamilies.org United Families International is one of the oldest international organizations dedicated to promoting pro-family public policies and programs. They are actively engaged at the community, legislative, and international levels educating citizens and policy makers, and influencing national and international policies.
Resources For Families (LDS Centric)
- Hope and Help Life brings many challenges for every member of the human family. Some challenges are the result of unwise choices that all of us make from time to time. Others may have nothing to do with our choices at all but are the results of others’ actions. And sometimes, like a bereavement or a chronic illness, there is no one at fault. But in every circumstance, hope and peace can be found in the gospel of Jesus Christ and in the infinite Atonement of Christ, who understands our burdens. This site provides guidance for many challenges faced by all people.
- How Addiction Affects the Brain – This short movie reviews the brain changes that occur with addiction.
- How to Talk with Children About Addiction – Dr. Ben Erwin, a marriage and family therapist with LDS Family Services talks with us about how parents can discuss the nature of addictions with their children.
- Pornography Addiction: Is There Hope? – Elizabeth was only 11 years old when she first came across pornography. That encounter sparked a long struggle with addiction, fear, and hopelessness. It was only when she believed in Jesus Christ’s power and desire to heal her that she felt miraculous hope.
- 12 Steps to Change Videos – It’s time for a conversation about the reality of addiction and the power of recovery. “12 Steps to Change” is a 12-part video series that follows real people fighting to overcome addictions of all kinds. Experience their stories of hope as they take steps to change their lives. For additional resources, visit addictionrecovery.lds.org
- What Should I Do When I See Pornography? – The challenges that children face today related to pornography are tremendous, but armed with the right information about what to do when they encounter it, they can successfully overcome the challenge and lead safe, happy lives.